Archiveo is DA-a-a-S (Digital Archive as a Service)
Welcome to Archiveo
Follow the WORM for compliance and long term archiving; Insurance for the Cloud.
WORM: Write Once Read Many
- Data migration not necessary
- Secure – unable to be altered or breached with a virus
- Vendor independent
- Hardware independent
- Industry standard format ISO 9660 & UDF supported on Windows, Mac, Unix and Linux platform
WORM – An essential compliment for the Cloud.
With the ability to be stored for a minimum of 50 years off site or in multiple locations (i.e. fire safes), it offers a secure physical archive in a space not affected by power outages, Network bandwidth or privacy breaches.
Unlike near line storage that requires power whether it is HDD or tape , the WORM offers archiving technology that consumes the same amount of power as a filling cabinet - Zero!
WORMing your way out of bad archiving decisions
The Differences Explained;
- Spinning disc that has a limited life span warranted to a maximum of 5 years.
- Can be shelf archive, however, still needs to run as part of a re-tensing process to stop tapes adhering to themselves
- Media is subject to electromagnetic radiation
- Far shorter life cycle (how many tape formats have there been in the past 10 yrs?!)
- Excellent media for back up and near line storage NOT for long term archive
Optical BD-R WORM:
- Makes use of an inorganic material in the recording layer, entirely different from the organic dye used in previous types of DVD & CDs which were susceptible to light.
- As the recording layer is not affected by light, it realizes a disc with outstanding archiving ability.
- The addition of a hard coating minimises the effect of finger marks smudges or scratching
- Decades long, environmentally sound, affordable, essential archiving solutions
DAaaS = Low Cost, Compliant, Redundant Archive, Cradle to Grave